December 18, 2012

DIY trial - teeth bleaching!

älo!
So..honestly I didn't feel like doing anything productive today..
It's one of those lazy days hehehe.
But I suddenly remembered about the most common home teeth bleaching methods I came across a lot in YouTube..
..and also when a blogger friend updated her Instagram on trying it out few weeks back.
So since I have got nothing important to do today..
Why not try it out too,no? :]


DSC_0049

Googled the things that I need..Just in case I forgot few things.
I also came across a same method using bicarbonate soda; but instead of using water, the person uses lemon.

DSC_0681

Anyhoo,
That is pretty much what you'll need. 


DSC_0685

Pour out the powder as much as you think that you'll need..


DSC_0689

..and mix it with water - to make a paste out of the bicarbonate soda. 
Simple as that, yes!

So here's what you need to know before actually trying it out.

- Bicarbonate soda is the same as baking powder.
- You'll feel a tingling sensation / slight "burning" feel if it touches your lips or any other area besides your teeth!
- I am not sure myself whether it really works, so there!
- This method, apparently can cause some side effects if done too often, so this is definitely not a daily sort of thing to do!
- You can get bicarbonate sodas at your local grocery store, if not the bakery ingredients suppliers shop. 

Mmmmkays, 
so here's my personal opinion after trying it out..
I was typically scared and nervous when I felt the "burning" when the paste touches my lips hahaha. 
I almost didn't wanna continue but I did it anyways :P
Don't worry, it is normal (the tingling burning feeling thing haha) just rub it off it you can't stand it. 
I actually at first tried using a toothbrush to apply it on my teeth..
But again, being the typical me, I was too scared about getting it on my gums and lips..
So I applied it using cotton buds/Qtips instead.:D

Made applying it so much easier, I would say!

..and don't forget to wash it off after leaving it on for 1-2 minutes!
Just gargle and spit it out.
hahahaha:p

Your question?
Does it really work?
I am not sure myself, I'm sorry :3
My teeth did not appear a lot whiter, but I think it looked a bit more cleaner lolololol.XD
Maybe...
It takes few times to actually have obvious result?

Definitely trying it again within this week. :D
Have any of you tried this?
Do comment & let me know!

I am currently trying another DIY method for armpit whitening too!
It's amusing to know that there are a lot of DIY methods that you can actually try at home with simple easy-to-get things!:) 


Blog again soon!




4 comments:

  1. Hi, tried it before and it works! But too many times, too frequently would make your teeth feel a little gritty and i've heard somewhere that it slowly corrodes your teeth. It acts as a cleaning agent to the affected (yellow) layer of your teeth.

    Also, from my knowledge as a baker, baking soda and baking powder are different actually. Baking soda is pure bicarbonate soda whereas baking powder contains bicarbonate soda and other ingredients such as corn starch or cream of tartar. It's like a "complete" mixture of rising agent. So in order for this to work, bicarb works best.

    You can also try the gargling solution if you don't have time to apply on each teeth. 60ml of water + half a measuring teaspoon of bicarbonate soda. You can add salt or apple cider vinegar to the mixture if you like.

    Good luck!

    xx
    Nano

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellu nano!:)
      Thanks for the awesome info!I just remembered reading how baking & bicarbonate is not the same- just like how you described!Lol:p
      But again, thank you so much for the info, I'll definitely try it again soon. <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, very easy to try!
      Good luck to you, if you're gonna try it too!;)

      Delete